GameStop Will Honor Old Duke Nukem Forever Pre-Orders

May 30, 2011 -

GameStop is doing something a bit unprecedented: it is honoring ancient pre-orders for Duke Nukem Forever. GamePro asked the retailer if they would honor pre-orders taken just after the game was originally announced many years ago. The company confirmed that it would.

"With a long-anticipated release like Duke Nukem Forever, we encourage customers who pre-ordered more than a year ago to verify their reservation with their local store prior to launch," a GameStop representative told GamePro. "Provided the customer has a receipt, we will honor even those pre-orders taken long ago. At this time, we expect that all pre-order customers will receive Duke's Big Package at time of purchase, regardless of when the reservation was made."

Duke Nukem Forever releases June 10 on various platforms, with a demo coming June 3. Obviously it is rated "M" for "Mature" by the ESRB.

Source: GamePro

Comments

Re: GameStop Will Honor Old Duke Nukem Forever Pre-Orders

Reminds me of how Dr. Pepper promised a free Dr. Pepper soda to any who bought Guns n' Roses' Chinese Democracy if it ever came out.  When it finally did, surprisingly, they made good on their promise.  So good on them, and good on Gamestop.

Re: GameStop Will Honor Old Duke Nukem Forever Pre-Orders

Better than a certain disbarred lawyer who promised to donate $10,000 to a charity designated by Paul Eibeler if someone made a game where you kill game industry executives, then claimed it was just a joke when someone actually did it. Thank goodness for Penny Arcade, who donated the money for him.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: GameStop Will Honor Old Duke Nukem Forever Pre-Orders

Good on them. I am not really a fan of Gamestop but it is good to see them honor the pre-order.

Re: GameStop Will Honor Old Duke Nukem Forever Pre-Orders

Never really had a problem with Gamestop, myself. But it is good to see they're honoring pre-orders from eons ago.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com