Report: Sony to Testify Before Congress

May 30, 2011 -

Earlier this month a congressional subcommittee looking into the PlayStation Network outage and data leak asked Sony Computer Entertainment America chairman and Sony Corp. executive vice president Kaz Hirai to testify. He declined at the time. While Hirai didn't make it to Washington D.C. his company provided a detailed list of answers that - at least temporarily - pacified lawmakers. Now with the PSN back online, Sony had decided that it will comply with the request from House of Representatives' Committee on Energy and Commerce's Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade.

Ken Johnson, an aide to subcommittee chairwoman Mary Bono Mack (R-CA), told The Atlantic magazine that Sony Network Entertainment president Tim Schaff, is scheduled testify before the subcommittee next week.

"While Chairman Bono Mack remains critical of Sony's initial handling of the data breaches, she also is appreciative that the company has now agreed to testify," said Johnson. "The Chairman firmly believes that the lessons learned from…the Sony…experiences can be instructive and guide us as we develop comprehensive data protection legislation. We expect to introduce that legislation, which will provide new safeguards for American consumers, in the next few weeks."

It's highly unlikely that lawmakers will learn anything more from the testimony, but it shows that Sony is going out of its way to placate lawmakers..

Source: Gamespot

Comments

Re: Report: Sony to Testify Before Congress

See, I still want to find out if we were talking 'files taken' or 'had access to files'.

Re: Report: Sony to Testify Before Congress

Neeneko i agree with you. This issue is a hot topic right now.

[url=http://proactol-info.co.uk]Proactol[/url]|[url=http://www.djtp21.com/]Best diet pills[/url]

Poll