Apple Rolls Out Numbers at WWDC

June 6, 2011 -

While Microsoft was talking about Xbox 360 and Kinect at E3, Apple was rolling out some pretty impressive statistics at its WorldWide Developers' Conference (WWDC). During the keynote the company revealed that nearly 54 million Macs have been sold around the world and that Apple's share in the personal computer space has grown 28 percent year-on-year. Apple also claimed that its Game Center service now enjoy 50 million users, warning Microsoft that its gaming community is outpacing theirs rapidly.

"In just 9 months we have 50 million Game Center users," said Apple. "To put that into perspective Xbox Live has been around for about eight years and they have around 30 million users."

Apple says that 200 million iOS devices have been sold to date worldwide, with 25 million of those being iPad sales. We assume this figure includes iPod touch and iPod nano.

There were also a number of announcements including iOS 5, iCloud, the OS X Lion operating system and more. Sorry, no iPhone 5..

You can read all the details at C&VG.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Apple Rolls Out Numbers at WWDC

I don't know what the heck Game Center is, but knowing Apple, I'm comfortable speculating that it is nothing remotely comparable to what XBox Live is.

Poll