PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

June 6, 2011 -

Sony announced at its E3 press conference the name, price and mobile carrier associated with its latest hand-held. The name of the device formerly known as NGP is now PS Vita, and will retail for $249 for the Wi-Fi only version and $299 for its Wi-Fi 3G version. The one wrinkle for users is that Sony has decided to use AT&T in North America. It's only a wrinkle if you are concerned about data caps, of course.

AT&T has monthly limits to its mobile broadband, with tiered service plans offering only a few hundred megabytes to several gigabytes per month. While Sony says that using Vita via your plan is "free," one would assume that it counts against your data cap dictated by your subscription plan.

On a related note, Sony says that over 80 games are in development for PS Vita from such companies as Acquire, Level-5, Namco Bandai, Capcom, D3 Publisher, AQ Interactive, Konami, Aksys Games, NIS America, Codemasters, EA, tri-Ace, Tomy, Idea Factory, Ignition, Enterbrain, FromSoftware, Yuke's, PopCap Games, Activision, and many more.

The PS Vita features front and rear touchpads, a high resolution OLED Screen, SIXAXIS motion sensor technology, dual analog sticks, front and rear cameras, access to cloud-based games data such as saves, and lots of other neat little features.

PS Vita will be released in Holiday 2011.

Posted in

Comments

Re: PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

Bad 3G'S better than no 3G. Take it from someone on the 3DS...

Re: PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

I'm already on AT&T, so I'll probably pick up the 3G+Wifi model, if for no other reason than I'm a "Just in case" kinda guy.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

AT&T has monthly limits to its mobile broadband, with tiered service plans offering.

www.quitting-weed.net/

[URL="http://www.quitting-weed.net/"]quitting weed[/URL]

Re: PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

If I ever get one of those, I think I'd prefer the wi-fi only version.  3G just sounds like more hassle than it's worth.

Poll