PS3 Firmware Update Adds PSP Game Data Backup

June 7, 2011 -

Sony Computer Entertainment America has released a brand new firmware update for the PlayStation 3 that adds a new option to the SaveData Utility in the XMB. The firmware, v.365, changes the XMB item SaveData Utility (minis) to [SaveData Utility(minis/PSP)]. It also improves the "operating stability of some PS3 format software."

Sony says this is an optional update (you'll need it if you want to connect to PSN, so it's not really all that optional), but if you own a PSP then you'll want to download it. Basically, When you have a PSP connected to the PS3, you'll gain the ability to copy your PSP save data to the PS3. This will allow you to backup your PSP data, although its availability is dependent on the game.

Source: PlayStation Blog

Comments

Re: PS3 Firmware Update Adds PSP Game Data Backup

This could be useful. I know it's a pain in the neck to back up my save files to my PC. Especially if my antivirus goes all Nazi on them and corrupts half of them.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: PS3 Firmware Update Adds PSP Game Data Backup

Wake me up when you can backup the game itself to the PS3 then play it on either the vita or PS3. And for 20$ buy the digital version which might be upgraded.

---

Re: PS3 Firmware Update Adds PSP Game Data Backup

The Vita was literally JUST announced, give it time.

BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm