Nolan Bushnell Talks 'Speed To Learn'

June 16, 2011 -

Atari and Chuck E Cheese founder Nolan Bushnell talks to TechCrunch about how to improve education with video games in class and at home. Specifically he talks at length about his new arcade-based education platform. The Atari founder offers some early info on Speed To Learn, which he says aims "at changing the way kids learn, both in and out of school...We have a game system which teaches while you're playing a game like Dance Dance Revolution."

He claims that an increased heart rate can improve retention and mental capacity, and that his Speed To Learn tool will help students develop math and vocabulary skills. Bushnell says the platform, built for PC, will use motion-sensing software but would not divulge any specifics. Check out the interview to your left.

Source: TechCrunch by way Edge Magazine