G4TV's Proving Ground on Hold in Wake of Co-Star's Death

June 21, 2011 -

G4TV announced last night that it has put its new show "Proving Ground" on hold after hearing the news that one of the show's co-hosts, Ryan Dunn had died in a car crash in Pennsylvania. The network also issued a statement offering its condolences to the friends and family of the former Jackass star.

"All of us at G4 are shocked and deeply saddened by the tragic news that Ryan Dunn has passed away," read a G4 statement. "Ryan's comedic wit and signature no-holds-barred approach made him an incredible talent and his work on G4's Proving Ground was flawless."

A spokeswoman for the network said separately that "the show is off the schedule as of today until we discuss next steps." The half-hour show with Dunn and co-host Jessica Chobot debuted on June 14. The idea of the show is for the duo to team up with experts to recreate stunts from films, TV and videogames to see how they might work in the real world. There's a good chance that the show will be canceled.

According to published reports, Dunn passed away in a car crash early Monday morning. While details of the crash have not been released, it appears that he lost control of his 2007 Porsche 911 GT3; it was found "off the road and in the woods" in West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania. Dunn and an unidentified passenger died as "a result of injuries sustained in the accident."

We offer our sincerest regrets and condolences to the friends and family of Dunn.

Source: Ace Showbiz

Posted in

Comments

Re: G4TV's Proving Ground on Hold in Wake of Co-Star's ...

Well, I haven't been a fan of the show in years, but nevertheless, this is tragic.

My sincerest condolences to Ryan's family and friends.

Re: G4TV's Proving Grounds on Hold in Wake of Co-Star's ...

SO this news is legit?

Rest in piece Mr Dunn, you were awesome.

Re: G4TV's Proving Grounds on Hold in Wake of Co-Star's ...

I heard about this yesterday.  While I wasn't a fan of Jackass or any of its related spin-offs (and untill recently I always used to get Dunn and Zach Galifianakis confused with each other), this was very sad.  I heard about Proving Ground and thought the concept was great; kind of like a Mythbusters for the gamer crowd.  Dunn's sudden death now makes me wonder about the future of the show, and I express my condolances to Jessica Chobot and the rest of the show's production crew.

Poll

Did Microsoft pay too much ($2.5 billion) for Minecraft developer Mojang?:

james_fudgeI'm a huge Dark Souls fan :)09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
james_fudgeThe first part of Dark Souls is pretty easy.09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
Neeneko@AE - it is still better then Return of Kings. I wonder if they know each other...09/16/2014 - 1:05pm
Neeneko@IanC - well, considering their entire goal is disseminating information, it kinda makes sense.09/16/2014 - 1:04pm
Andrew EisenThat depends on how much longer before YOU start getting good!09/16/2014 - 12:31pm
MaskedPixelanteSo, I've been stuck in the opening section of Dark Souls for about two years now... how much longer before it starts getting good?09/16/2014 - 12:29pm
Michael ChandraI was wondering the same thing while reading it.09/16/2014 - 11:44am
james_fudgeSadly, no.09/16/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenThat's a satire site, like the Onion, right? Please? Please tell me that's a satire site?09/16/2014 - 11:10am
james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am
IanCWikileaks will jump on any agenda for publicity.09/16/2014 - 10:22am
NeenekoWow. This is the first I have heard of the guy. What a jerk.09/16/2014 - 10:14am
quiknkoldmaskedpixelante : Milo Yiannopolous isnt really old.09/16/2014 - 9:57am
MaskedPixelanteBreitbart in a nutshell: Racist old white men saying stupid things.09/16/2014 - 9:54am
james_fudgequiknkold, that's bile. Read the comments and you'll get a taste of that site's audience.09/16/2014 - 9:17am
ZippyDSMleeSo gamer gate will be know as the time all the 13 year old sexist racists assholes came out of the wood work and attacked anything with more brains than themsevles. 0_o09/16/2014 - 9:09am
E. Zachary KnightAwwwww. I feel so special. I have someone on Twitter shaming me for being anti-gamergate.09/16/2014 - 9:06am
quiknkoldhttp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/09/15/the-gamergate-movement-is-making-terrific-progress-don-t-stop-now09/16/2014 - 8:54am
james_fudgeme either.09/16/2014 - 8:54am
E. Zachary KnightI understand what Wikileaks twitter was getting at, but I have no clue what that article was getting at.09/16/2014 - 8:45am