Google Moving Into Game Space

June 22, 2011 -

Google is looking for someone to runs a new gaming division, according to an official job posting from the search giant. The job listing seeks a Project Manager for "Games at Google," which the company describes as "a rare opportunity to grow a brand-new business." While we do not know if this new gaming venture is specific to social gaming or geared towards its Android based OS, it certainly sounds like a serious endeavor.

The job requires whoever takes it on to build a new user experience, work on partnerships with developers and foster a relationship with the gaming community.

Here's the full job listing:

"We are looking for a strategic, technical and game-loving Product Manager to drive Google's gaming strategy.

You will design strategies for game distribution and discovery, player identity, game mechanics, and more.

In addition to designing a great user experience and building out key partnerships, you will be significantly influencing Google's social platform as you work directly with a critical set of early adopters, game developers.

"Interesting and impactful decisions involving social gaming, privacy, virality, business, and technical APIs await you and the strong, passionate team of gamers you will work with."

Source: TechRadar