Dead Island Trailer Wins at Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity

June 29, 2011 -

Deep Silver's Dead Island trailer has been awarded a Golden Lion in the Internet Film Lion Category at the 58th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. The video, which some considered a bit controversial, showed a family holiday interrupted by a sudden and mysterious zombie outbreak, with several family members attacking each other after being infected. The trailer was created by Deep Silver together in cooperation with animation studio Axis Productions.

"Receiving a Golden Lion at Cannes is a great honor for Deep Silver. The public response since the reveal of the game with this trailer was truly extraordinary, but it’s also fantastic that the trailer’s creativity has been given this accolade by the jury of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and that it could stand up against such strong competition," said Georg Larch, international marketing director of Deep Silver. "We also want to thank Axis Productions for their outstanding collaboration in the creation of this trailer."

Developed by Techland, Dead Island combines first-person action with a heavy focus on melee combat, character development and customization. All of these gameplay features are presented in a dark story inspired by classic zombie movies with a campaign that can be played with up to four players in co-op mode. Dead Island launches on September 6, 2011 worldwide.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Dead Island Trailer Wins at Cannes Lions International ...

Yes, it was a great trailer.  Too bad the game looks to be tonally nothing like it (just like We Dare and its trailer!).  Don't get me wrong, it still looks fun but that still strikes me as false advertising.

Andrew Eisen

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm