Ireland Court Orders Boy to Turn Over Xbox 360

June 29, 2011 -

The High Court in Belfast, Ireland has ordered a 13-year-old boy to surrender his Xbox 360 as a condition of being released from jail. The boy, whose name was withheld because he is a minor, was being held in jail for allegedly committing a number of burglaries in the Downpatrick area of Co Down.

During a hearing to obtain a release the boy was asked what was the most important thing he owned. He responded by saying that his Xbox 360 meant a lot to him.

The judge then ordered him to give the Xbox 360 to the authorities as a condition of release. He added that it would be returned to him when the charges were dealt with.

The judge told the boy that he was taking the Xbox 360 to show him what it was like to have something he valued taken from him.

Source: RTE News Ireland by way of PC World

Comments

Re: Ireland Court Orders Boy to Turn Over Xbox 360

Boy then goes home to play on his PS3, completely forgetting any lesson to be learned for the day.

I hate broccoli/ and think it totally sucks/ Why isn't it meat?

I hate broccoli/ and think it totally sucks/ Why isn't it meat?

Re: Ireland Court Orders Boy to Turn Over Xbox 360

Northern Ireland.  2 very different countries.  Its like calling Canada "America".

Re: Ireland Court Orders Boy to Turn Over Xbox 360

That's kind of cool, unless the xbox was stolen/purchased with stolen funds, then he probably won't get the point.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

WonderkarpFCC appears to be kicking ass today01/29/2015 - 4:11pm
Matthew WilsonThat is why I said "every market". for example totalbescuit has TWC, and the best he can get atm is 10/10.01/29/2015 - 1:58pm
Andrew EisenTWC offers speeds that high, at least in my area. (Standard is 15Mpbs)01/29/2015 - 1:54pm
Matthew Wilson@prh I still have my doubts. if anything the big winner is Comcast. they are the only isp in the us that can provide that speed in every market they serve. att, verizon, and twc cant or at least dont.01/29/2015 - 1:50pm
Andrew EisenTrailer for Ted 2 and it looks like it won't simply be a rehash of the first. That's encouraging! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3AVcCggRnU01/29/2015 - 1:49pm
prh99It's nice to see an FCC chair who isn't just there to facilitate monopoly building for cable and telecom. Basically not a dingo.01/29/2015 - 1:46pm
Wonderkarpmine was grandia 201/29/2015 - 1:39pm
Matthew Wilsonoh btw only about 5.6 percent of the us has broadband now.01/29/2015 - 1:21pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.theverge.com/2015/1/29/7932653/fcc-changed-definition-broadband-25mbps did not think the fcc would go through with it.01/29/2015 - 1:16pm
Andrew EisenI know, right? Don't you dare think the fact that I buy all your games makes this sort of behavior okay, TT Games!01/29/2015 - 12:57pm