New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

July 1, 2011 -

A new iOS game called "Supergay" earns the distinction of being the very first game title to deliver a story about a protagonist coming to grips with his sexuality while beating up beautiful models.

In the game you jump into the role of Dr. Tom Palmer, who is working on a controversial cloning project while wrestling with his sexuality and a pending marriage to the boss' daughter. This leads to Tom embracing being gay and becoming a superhero named "Supergay," who must beat down clones of sexy ladies with big breasts and fabulous uniforms. The game features the first chapters the story arc. The gameplay is a combination of different game genres including fighting, stealth, racing, and a rhythm dancing mini-game.

The new episodic action game app, released for the iPhone and the iPad, is called Supergay & the Attack of his Ex-Girlfriends and costs $2.99. Check out the video for a preview of what this game is all about. You can also learn more about the game by visiting iTunes.

Source: MSNBC

Posted in

Comments

Re: New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

(duplicate)

Re: New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

Yet another step backwards for the gay community.  This whole thing stinks of someone trying to prove they "don't hate the gay" but have never actually met anyone gay and can only gather information from 13-year-old boys and AOL chat rooms.

Here are we -- and yonder yawns the universe.

Here are we -- and yonder yawns the universe.

Re: New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

Also, there are already gay superheros. Haven't you seen "the ambigiously gay duo?"

Though to be fair, yes they are ambigiuously gay.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

One of the first major gay superheros, if not the first was Northstar of Alpha Flight. He came out in the early 90's if I remember right. And I don't think he immediately started punching women either.

I hate broccoli/ and think it totally sucks/ Why isn't it meat?

I hate broccoli/ and think it totally sucks/ Why isn't it meat?

Re: New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

Well, that's TV, but the bigger gag of the Ambiguously Gay Duo is how awkwardly people act when they suspect someone is gay, along with the associated silliness of not wanting that awkwardness to be percieved as homophobia. (eg: "They are gay, aren't they?.. not that there's anything wrong with that!")

Re: New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

I still haven't gotten an answer for Jerry's question, when you dance, how do you decide who leads?

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

I guess I'm not totally impressed by this -- realizing you're gay doesn't eliminate the rest of your history. Why become a gay-themed hero, and not a hero who is also gay? It just seems like a very shallow understanding of self-revelation and homosexuality.

Re: New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

*gasp* but.. but.. that might require a narrative structure!

Re: New iOS Game Delivers First Gay Superhero

Yes, because nothing says "coming to grips with one's sexuality" like beating the tar out of the gender you're not attracted to.

Andrew Eisen