Trenched Delayed in Europe Over Trademark Troubles

July 1, 2011 -

A slight misstep by either developer Double Fine or Microsoft over trademarks has caused the popular game Trenched to be unavailable in certain parts of Europe. According to Destructoid report (citing Eurogamer) a Portuguese board game called Trench holds the rights to the name.

A man named Rui Alípio Monteiro filed the trademark in 2007, which covers both board games and videogames. Basically that means that either the name has to be changed or someone has to cut a deal with Monteiro for the game to have any chance of release across all over Europe.

Both Microsoft and Monteiro are not commenting on the situation. Hopefully Double Fine simply changes the name so Europe can enjoy this great game.

Source: Eurogamer by way of Destructoid

Posted in

Comments

Re: Trenched Delayed in Europe Over Trademark Troubles

Add devleoper name to title like "Double fines:Trenched" problem solved!

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

InfophileAged well plot-wise, I mean. The animation is showing its age, but if you don't mind that, the plot holds up quite well03/27/2015 - 6:52am
InfophileRobotech may be 30 years old, but it's actually aged pretty well. Plus, one of the three Japanese franchises that went into making it, Macross, is coming out with a new series soon. So it's far from forgotten or out-of-date03/27/2015 - 6:50am
ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm