Epic Details Epic Developer Day and Unreal University Evets

July 8, 2011 -

Epic Games announced its conference schedule for Epic Developer Day, to be held on July 13, and Unreal University, to be held on July 14, at De Vere West One in London. Epic Developer Day and Unreal University provide Unreal Engine 3 (UE3) developers with free hands-on learning led by senior members of Epic's engine team, UE3 technology partners and UE3 instructors. If you are a UE3 developer and don't have ticket's you're out of luck because it's sold out. On the plus side, Epic said today that it "plans to bring similar learning opportunities to other regions this year."

Epic Developer Day, which is open to anyone under Epic's non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for "commercial Unreal Engine 3 evaluation or full license," will offer two tracks: one for content creation and another for programming. Epic Games European Territory Manager Mike Gamble will open the conference, and Epic Games Senior Technical Artist and Senior Level Designer Alan Willard will offer a "how to get started with Unreal Engine 3: workshop. He'll also as well as present sessions on Unreal Engine 3 workflow, mobile development, shaders and DirectX 11. Epic Games Korea Support Manager Jack Porter will offer tutorials on UE3’s new foliage system, streaming, UE3’s new terrain editor Unreal Landscape,; optimization and stats analysis, and UE3 debugging tools and techniques.

Epic Developer Day will also feature several of Epic’s Integrated Partners Program (IPP) members including NVIDIA Technical Evangelist Phil Scott and APEX Product Manager Monier Maher, who will present sessions on APEX physics technology. NVIDIA Developer Technology Engineer Jon Jansen will discuss the benefits of DirectX 11 using UE3, and Geomerics’ Head of Technology Sam Martin and Lead UE3 Programmer Simon Taylor will discuss dynamic lighting in UE3. GRIP Entertainment President Dr. Paul Kruszewski will cover advanced AI tools, and NaturalMotion Technical Account Manager Mark Hobbs and Lead Integration Engineer Juan Pizarro will talk about character animation with morpheme in UE3.

The second day, dubbed Unreal University, is an academic initiative funded by Epic Games to offer hands-on guidance and learning to those interested in using Unreal Engine 3 (UE3) technology or the Unreal Development Kit (UDK). Epic Games European Territory Manager Mike Gamble will provide opening remarks, while the remainder of the presentation will be handled by Unreal University instructors James Tan and Markus Arvidsson.

Tan and Arvidsson will lead tutorials on UDK including how to make a racing game for iOS with UDK; level building in less than one hour; making a side-scrolling game for PC with Unreal Kismet; and becoming a digital movie director with UDK.

For more information on this event, check out www.unrealengine.com.

Comments

Re: Epic Details Epic Developer Day and Unreal University ...

I think the the title is misspelled. isn't it supposed to be Events not Evets?

Poll