Andrew Eisen Rants, Episode I

Our favorite moderator and all around GamePolitics storm trooper Andrew Eisen offers an interesting rant on Nintendo not releasing games in North America, why it sucks, and why Nintendo and other companies that continue to ignore the global marketplace are losing copious amounts of cash (the rant is appropriately titled "Nintendo: Why Won’t You Let Me Give You My Money?").

He even throws in a bit about Brown v. EMA in there to make it slightly relevant.. As a fan of EarthBound (Mother series in Japan) I fully endorse this message. I want Ness now. For some background information on Andrew’s rant, you can check out his blog at IGN.

We hope Andrew will do more of these.

hellfire7885 says:

yes, Metal Wolf Chaos would have done EXTREMELY well in the USA.

Sony finally figured out, Microsoft has partyl figured  it out, Nintend oneeds to get o nthe Bandwagon. I mean, far as I know the DS line of devices is region free, so why not their home consoles?

Mattsworkname says:

I’ve been saying this crap for years. Nintendo has been doing this kind of thing for years. So for that matter has MS and Sony.

Go look up Metal Wolf Chaos. Tell me that game would not have sold well in america. Hell, I bet if you could release it as an Xbox Live title and it would sell LIke gangbusters.

And sony, Sony finally fiqured it out with the Ps 3 after region locking both the Ps 2 and 1, and now ps 3 is region free.

Hell even some Xbox titles are region free, as it’s now up to the publisher to make that choice.

So what the Hell Nintendo? Are you like, adverse to making MORE money?

Or are you just being jerks for the sake of it?

"My name is Lenerd Church, and you will fear my LASER FACE"

Austin from Oregon says:

Well said, and if I must say, you have a definite rivalry with Jack Nicholson for penetrating eyebrow stares.

I’m still poking my Myamoto voodoo doll for the news about Skyward Sword, about as hard as I do while playing through the water temple.

I had a thought though, with how much Nintendo loves to resell us our old games (of course in gold and platinum collector’s editions), maybe they’ll wait for some of the more popular titles and advertise them later as "collectors import titles" during slow business periods, like January.

Vake Xeacons says:

I want my Edgey 2! And speaking of Ace Attorney, where’s Layton vs. Wright?

Thanks Andy, although, if I had that cash, I’d be adding a half a dozen games to my library I’m still missing!

hellfire7885 says:

You know, I do wonder why some games don’t get released globally. I once saw this importa game where you drive a weaponized ambulance through a zombie infested city rescuig survivors to get the medical treatment.

I do not see how a game like that would do badly in the USA.

Kajex says:

"Hi customers- sorry to say it, but those neat-looking titles you see around here aren’t going to be showing up in your store, ever- we just don’t think that we could actually make a nice bundle of money the way that it does over here, but don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about you- because later on we’ll start bitching about how you people there are hacking our products so you can rampantly pirate our games to play them."