Rumor: Xbox 360 Games Playable on Windows 8

July 13, 2011 -

As you probably already know, to play a popular Xbox 360 title on the PC you have to hope that the publisher has released a PC version of it and that it supports the use of the Xbox 360 controller. A rumor today - if true - could change all of that. According to an IndustryGamers report, Microsoft is rumored to be working on providing Xbox 360 support to Windows 8 users. The report adds that the system probably won't support cross-platform play between the platforms, and that Xbox Live for PC would probably still require a subscription fee.

On a related note, Engadget has uncovered some Windows 8 source code that references an "Xbox _360_System_Crash." While this proves nothing it probably wouldn't hurt Microsoft to offer that kind of support for Xbox 360 gamers. I know I'd be happy to play some of my favorite 360 games on my PC.

Right now, there's just not enough evidence to consider this any more than a rumor, but we'll keep our eyes opened for new information on this topic and reveal it to you when it becomes available.

Source: IndustryGamers

Posted in

Comments

Re: Rumor: Xbox 360 Games Playable on Windows 8

Giving that Microsoft designed the xbox 360 system they can easily designe an 100% compatible emulator in Windows 8.

Re: Rumor: Xbox 360 Games Playable on Windows 8

I would say that unless the disc contains a PC build in an unencrypted partition, then there is no way you could play a 360 game on a Windows computer. Emulation is unlikely given how many popular 360 games like to push the hardware and given that the Intel architecture has poor support for virtualization and emulation.

Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm