UK Trade Groups Endorse GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair

July 18, 2011 -

If you want to jump into the business of developing and publishing video games in the United Kingdom, then chances are you'll be attending the GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair. Today event organizers announced that they have secured the endorsements of every major video game related trade organization in the UK. This includes the UKIE, BAFTA and TIGA. The event is part of this year's Eurogamer Expo, which takes place September 22 - 25. The event is designed for students, graduates and others who want to get into the video game industry. It will feature career talks, roundtables and question and answer sessions with game developers from the UK and beyond.

"The Career Fair at the Eurogamer Expo is an outstanding opportunity for industry to reach out to the potential employees of the future," commented Sam Collins, UKIE commercial director.

"UKIE is leading the implementation of the recently published Livingstone Hope review, and one of the key recommendations is to ensure individuals have a clearly defined path into the video game industry. The Career Fair is an excellent way of achieving this goal."

"TIGA's vision is to make the UK the best place in the world to do games business. Realising this vision means helping the next wave of qualified and talented students to start a career in the industry," offered Richard Wilson, CEO of TIGA. "So TIGA is pleased to be partnering with GamesIndustry.biz and supporting the Career Fair. It will provide a great opportunity to learn more about our dynamic industry and perhaps find employment."

TIGA and UKIE members who are interested in attending are eligible to receive a 10 percent discount on exhibition costs. The exhibition hall will be located at London's Earls Court.

For more information on the event, check out GI.biz.

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm