League of Legends Hits Major Milestones

July 26, 2011 -

Riot Games announced that its popular online strategy game League of Legends has hit a major milestone: more than 1.4 million players log on and play the game every day. The game currently sits at the 15 million registered players mark, with an average of ten games of League of Legends starting every second of every day. The first season of competitive play recently completed showing that the number of active players each month has grown to over four million.

"We are extremely proud and appreciative of the devoted League of Legends community which has grown substantially over the last year and a half," said Brandon Beck, CEO of Riot Games. "We’re committed to continuing to match their dedication with our relentless focus on ongoing enhancements to the player experience with great new features, content, and polish – and we have some very exciting surprises in store just around the corner."

The League of Legends currently operates servers in North America and Europe. Peak concurrency between the two platforms totals over 500,000 simultaneous players. In addition to that number, Riot claims that over a million games of League of Legends are played - most consisting of two teams of five players - every day, players are spending 3.7 million hours in-game, the official website for League of Legends receives over 6 million page views per day, 1.4 million people like League of Legends on Facebook, and League of Legends videos have nearly 100 million views on YouTube. Finally, over 1,690,000 viewers tuned into the online broadcast of the League of Legends Season One Championship, with concurrent viewership peaking at over 210,000.

No matter what you think of Riot Games or League of Legends, these big numbers are pretty impressive for a game that doesn't get as much attention from the media as it probably should.

Find out more about it by visiting www.riotgames.com.

Comments

Re: League of Legends Hits Major Milestones

Extremely alluring A-line Cocktail Dresses enjoys strapless neckline Formal Dresses with semi-transparent bodice accented by lace motifs.Evening Dresses Distinct waistline introduces the sleek taffeta Wedding Dresses cascading downward to the ground with a gentle sweep train,Sweet 16 Dresses while side lace panels highlight the effect to the core.

Re: League of Legends Hits Major Milestones

For those who don't know, league of legends is a free to play MOBA that is a successor to DotA from the WC3 custom map. It's free to play if you want to try it. http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c9a729d68209335745662

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpvalet about parking info01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpyour glenn beck to her republican party. you can refut all you want, but its not going to matter until femfreq comes out and disputes these claims because you are not a member of fem freq. you are a second party. I dont ask the man standing next to the01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
Wonderkarpis free gifts01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
WonderkarpListen and Believe is one of the slogans Femfreq touts on twitter. and Non profits are in danger of losing their tax exempt status by merchandising. Its a big nono. I worked at the MDA for a while and they do NOT sell merchandise. anything they do have01/31/2015 - 6:38pm