Gears of War Becomes a Board Game

July 29, 2011 -

Epic Games' popular shooter is now a board game. Gears of War: The Board Game will be released next month, transitioning from slick fast-paced action game to the calmer settings of a board game. Based loosely on the video games, the board game comes packed with over 30 plastic figures, 200 game cards, 35 Locust AI cards, 17 double-sided map tiles, 75 tokens and markers, 1 mission reference sheet, one line-of-sight ruler, five attack dice and 4 defense dice. Players will be able to use a number of tactics from Gears of War 1 and 2 including Roadie Run, blind fire, our the trusty Lancer chainsaw in close quarters.

A more detailed description of the game, along with some photos of the actual board and pieces, can be found at Fantasy Flight Games. FFG lists the release date for Gears of War: The Board Game as "coming soon," but when it does ship it will cost you $69.95.

Comments

Re: Gears of War Becomes a Board Game

You can often find these games for much cheaper on various sites.  I like to support local gaming shops, but, at least where I live, they don't compete with one another, so they always charge MSRP.  As a result, I purchase most of my games online.

Re: Gears of War Becomes a Board Game

Pseudo-RPG board games can actually be a ton of fun with a couple buddies but a $70 entry fee is a bit high for me.  I don't care how good the build quality is.

Re: Gears of War Becomes a Board Game

Wonderful, now we can play outdated third-person shooters on cardboard. And for only $50 more than you would pay for the video games!

Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm