Train2Game Launches Student Competition for Avenging Angel

July 29, 2011 -

Train2Game, a UK-based game industry training course company, has launched its latest competition in association with BAFTA-nominated writer and director Trix Worrell. The competition will see the winning game concept entry accompany the feature film Avenging Angel. The goal of this latest competition is to help students expand their portfolios and prove their merit by providing real world examples of work that has been "judged at the highest standards."

Avenging Angel is described as an "ambitious multi-platform feature film and graphic novel funded by the UK Film Council and produced by growing UK studio, A Box of Trix." Entrants will be required to design one of two games referenced in the fiction of the story - either a full web game created by one of the characters and featuring online avatar creation and UGC or a smaller smartphone game based on Hangman, which also turns out to be the source of a dark force in the community.

The winning entries will also take home tickets to a London movie premiere for each team member, as well as days on set during productions to learn how the movie is developed and produced. iTunes vouchers will also be up for grabs to the best projects so that students can extend their knowledge of other gaming offerings currently on the market.

"Train2Game concentrates on selecting only the most able talent for its courses so we’re as pleased as the students for every opportunity to demonstrate their abilities," said Tony Bickley, Course Director at Train2Game. "Equipping students with skills and experiences to give them the edge in a competitive industry is a key priority and aim for our course.”

Comments

Re: Train2Game Launches Student Competition for Avenging Angel

Train2Game are the Scientologists of video game development - they come out with a pushy sales pitch, give you a 'test' that anyone who hasnt been living under a rock could pass, and pretend you're a budding VIDEO GAME DESIGN GENIUS.  The first thing people see when they start training is material written by someone else and posted on the internet.  How they get all the nice deals is beyond me, seems like its more who you know than what you know.

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm