PayPal Users Love Pay-To-Play Gaming

August 1, 2011 -

According to figures released by PayPal, 12 million of its customers use funds for various Facebook games every month on games like Farmville.

"In massively multiplayer online games, the number of paying gamers keeps going up," said PayPal's Carey Kolaja. "The perception about digital goods is that they lead to micro transactions, which are small. But the average purchase for a paying user is in the mid-20s (in dollars). It is on a positive trajectory."

Forty percent of adults play online games and 70 percent of all gamers use PayPal, according to the company. Around 19 percent of purchases in MMOs are under $10, while $10 to $50 purchases account for 54 percent of purchases. Purchases over $50 account for about 27 percent. In social games, $10 or below purchases make up 33 percent, 58 percent of purchases are somewhere between $10 and $50, and nine percent are for amounts over $50. The most popular games among customers are World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Bejeweled and Farmville, according to PayPal.

Source: The Escapist

Comments

Re: PayPal Users Love Pay-To-Play Gaming

Lets see *fuzzy math start* so there are 44K worth of minutes in a month your typical bill is 15-20 a month lets say 20$.

Now lets half the 44K twice leaving 11K or 183 hours, that is still to high so lets half it again to 5.5 or 90ish hours.

Now lets do it like this 20$ gets you 90 hours at 1$ per 4.5 hours, even if you double the price its better than paying for 15-20$ of time you do not use.

---