No London Games Festival in 2011

August 9, 2011 -

UK video game industry trade group UKIE announced this week that the London Games Festival has been cancelled this year. This is the first time in six years that the annual event has not run. The group said that the event will return in 2012 to coincide with the Olympics. Further, UKIE promises major collaboration with other groups - such as TIGA - on next year's event to make sure that it happens.

"Given that our key stakeholders and previous participating events such as the Eurogamer Expo, the Golden Joysticks, MCM Expo and London Games Conference are somewhat spread out time-wise this year then it makes sense for us to collaborate and plan ahead with all stakeholders for 2012," LGF director Kirsty Payne told MCV.

"We really want to make London Games Festival 2012 a great destination for interactive entertainment and create a diverse group of events, we're looking to invest more into this event to create content that will encompass skills, entertainment, consumer focus, development, government, accessibility and tech events which will be launched/incubated by UKIE and TIGA."

Source: The Drum

Posted in

Comments

Re: No London Games Festival in 2011

"Also, we heard there was a spot of bother out on the streets, and we'd really prefer it if our expensive equipment setups didn't get smashed and looted."

On the plus side, since we all know GTA and the like caused the rioting, canceling this show means it'll stop now, right?

---
Fangamer