Save The Internet Seeks Donations for 'New Best Friends' Video

August 9, 2011 -

Free Press's Save The Internet is looking for your help to place an ad that more than a quarter of a million visitors selected. The video "New Best Friends" received thousands more votes than the nearest runner up, but now that users have chosen it, Free Press needs your help to turn it into a real ad that can air on TV and across the Internet.

The point of the video is to highlight the dishonesty behind AT&T’s merger plans. Free Press says that the comedy in this video is important because "while the facts about this deal are on our side, facts aren’t always very funny."

Free Press says that they need to help to get this ad out there so that more consumers can see how this deal is very bad for consumers and for AT&T and T-Mobile customers. They are looking to raise $10,000 to get this winning video out across the Web and on TV. The goal is to get this ad running on websites like the Huffington Post and Alternet and on dozens of tech news sites and blogs.

They are looking for Internet users to give $10 or more to get this project kick started. Free Press adds that they do not take money from any government, political parties or businesses.

You can learn more and make a donation here.

Comments

Re: Save The Internet Seeks Donations for 'New Best Friends' ...

hey, we can all just start using home phones again right? That way I can avoid a monop-

...oh, Comcast, right.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm