A Better World Promises Sunshine and Roses

August 10, 2011 -

A new Facebook game that its developers describe as "uplifting" promises to reward players for acts of kindness in the real and virtual world. The game, A Better World, is an online space where good deeds get rewarded, positive thinking is encouraged and compassion and support for others are integral. More than 100,000 Facebook players have already discovered the game and seem to like it.

The game features various sections where players can do good deeds. For example, in a section of the game called the Sanctuary of Hope users encounter an angel asking them to reflect for a moment. In this safe environment, players can then post their hopes and dreams for themselves or others. They can also read other entries and light a candle to show support for other members of the community.

Another example is the Gratitude Grotto, where users express what they are thankful for and also give support to others. Messages posted by members of the community "slowly cascade down a waterfall." Players can also view all their past personal entries engraved on a “My Expressions” rock next to the flowing water. Gamers get a little "Do-Good Gold" for each hope, dream or thankful thought they support, rewarding them for creating a better world for themselves and others.

"The players in our community tell us that they don’t just come back because A Better World is fun, but because the game has had a transformative effect on their lives," says MarySue Lucci, president of ToonUps. "Community members encourage each other. Players create a feedback loop of goodwill that spreads virally."

More information the game can be found at www.facebook.com/ABetterWorld. If Stuart Smalley played Facebook games, this one would be his first choice.

prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm