Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

August 12, 2011 -

Bungie's IT guy, Jeff Fletcher, is an information specialist for the Halo creators during the day, but sometimes he's a gun-toting vigilante, according to this report from Seattle news station KING 5.

Fletcher pulled into the parking lot of a US Bank branch in Skyway, Seattle last week where he witnessed a gun fight between two men. As the situation escalated the former security guard (and son of a former Seattle police officer) saw one of the men take a bullet while the other tried to flee the scene. Fletcher jumped into action, pulling his own gun out and stopping the fleeing suspect in his tracks. He then made a citizen’s arrest, used his father's old handcuffs to subdue the man, and waited for the police to arrive.

You can watch a news report on the whole thing below.

Bungie should consider letting this guy handle security - in addition to handling network security!

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Wandering around town with a handgun and (just by chance - yeah, riiiight) a pair of handcuffs? Sounds like a cop-wannabe to me. Such people are indeed dangerous - but not in a good way.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Kudos I guess for stopping the criminal. Having handcuffs is a bit odd but one thing I noticed may get him into a bit of trouble:

"When we got here, the shooter was searched, in handcuffs and sitting down on the curb,"

If you disarmed him, subdued and cuffed him then he had no reason to search him. I can see the shooters attorney starting a law suit over that little bit. I mean, did Jeff read him Miranda as well?

Again, kudos to Jeff but I certainly wouldn't make a habit out doing that. The next one may not go down so willingly.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

A gun I could see but he just happened to have his father's old handcuffs handy?

Andrew Eisen

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

He doesn't really look like he's up to chasing anybody down either.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

maybe the guy has a few other 'hobbies' we dont know about.

Poll

Which group is more ethically challenged?:

InfophileI know the ZE series was in the red in Japan, but international series boosted it to profitability. That may not mean it's more profitable in the west, but it does mean ZE3 wouldn't exist without the western market.07/04/2015 - 7:54am
Consterwhy aren't "Video game players" an option on the poll? :P07/04/2015 - 5:19am
Andrew EisenThat was quick! Pretty accurate cosplay of the new Ghostbuster uniform and proton pack: https://twitter.com/mirabellemusing/status/61673135125394227207/03/2015 - 6:23pm
Matthew Wilson@mast I dont know, but I do know it got a cult fallowing here.07/03/2015 - 6:22pm
MastermuneWasn't the Zero Escape series more popular here than in Japan?07/03/2015 - 6:19pm
Matthew Wilson@mast given the game was revealed in the US, I wouldnt be shocked if it was released at the same time.07/03/2015 - 6:15pm
MastermuneI don't trust the big AAA worldwide simultaneous releases though.07/03/2015 - 5:57pm
Mastermune@Infophile I have come to the conclusion that smaller games like zero escape, JRPG's and the like are actually worth preordering sinc they are limited quantities and since they usually release in japan first we know if there are any issues.07/03/2015 - 5:56pm
Infophile@Matthew! Awesome news. I'd preorder on that shout alone if I didn't have a policy against preordering anymore.07/03/2015 - 5:16pm
Matthew Wilsonzero escape 3 was announced today.07/03/2015 - 4:21pm
Matthew Wilson@pnx I am guessing a ddoss since that is what happened to neogaf, but sony needs to do a investment in psn as a whole. steam is still the most reliable and fastest digital platform I use.07/03/2015 - 3:06pm
PHX Corphttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/psn-is-down-sony-investigating/ not again: PSN is down, Sony investigating07/03/2015 - 3:04pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/digital-extremes-trespasser-keystone-pc/ if true, this is funny and embarrassing for Digital Extremes. companies need too have better security.07/03/2015 - 2:57pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-destiny-the-hardcore-gamers-slot-machine/2300-6425852/ this is very good, and well researched.07/03/2015 - 12:41pm
InfophileOther features to become standard: The ability to remap controls however the hell I want. Quicksave at any time (especially for handheld and mobile games). Plus everything Andrew said07/03/2015 - 10:43am
InfophileRegion-freeing becomes tricky for games with a strong online component though, especially when the servers are run by different branches in different regions.07/03/2015 - 10:41am
InfophileI'm in favor of getting rid of region-locking for any purchased games. I can understand an exception for free, ad-supported games, as many ads are only relevant in certain regions, and it's a ridiculous hassle to get ads for all regions.07/03/2015 - 10:40am
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/payday-2-has-been-broken-on-xbox-one-for-three-weeks-1715384186 Payday 2 Has Been Broken On Xbox One For Three Weeks07/03/2015 - 8:44am
Matthew Wilsonhttps://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/ here is a more complete acount of whats going on.07/03/2015 - 1:32am
Matthew Wilsonredit is on fire right now. most subreddits have been set to private.07/03/2015 - 1:24am