Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

August 12, 2011 -

Bungie's IT guy, Jeff Fletcher, is an information specialist for the Halo creators during the day, but sometimes he's a gun-toting vigilante, according to this report from Seattle news station KING 5.

Fletcher pulled into the parking lot of a US Bank branch in Skyway, Seattle last week where he witnessed a gun fight between two men. As the situation escalated the former security guard (and son of a former Seattle police officer) saw one of the men take a bullet while the other tried to flee the scene. Fletcher jumped into action, pulling his own gun out and stopping the fleeing suspect in his tracks. He then made a citizen’s arrest, used his father's old handcuffs to subdue the man, and waited for the police to arrive.

You can watch a news report on the whole thing below.

Bungie should consider letting this guy handle security - in addition to handling network security!

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Wandering around town with a handgun and (just by chance - yeah, riiiight) a pair of handcuffs? Sounds like a cop-wannabe to me. Such people are indeed dangerous - but not in a good way.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Kudos I guess for stopping the criminal. Having handcuffs is a bit odd but one thing I noticed may get him into a bit of trouble:

"When we got here, the shooter was searched, in handcuffs and sitting down on the curb,"

If you disarmed him, subdued and cuffed him then he had no reason to search him. I can see the shooters attorney starting a law suit over that little bit. I mean, did Jeff read him Miranda as well?

Again, kudos to Jeff but I certainly wouldn't make a habit out doing that. The next one may not go down so willingly.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

A gun I could see but he just happened to have his father's old handcuffs handy?

Andrew Eisen

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

He doesn't really look like he's up to chasing anybody down either.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

maybe the guy has a few other 'hobbies' we dont know about.

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm
Andrew EisenOr what the heck Nina White (someone else I've never heard of) is actually referring to.04/24/2015 - 3:24pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is a game dev. she used to do stuff with hormanix and now works with https://outact.net/#!/?page_id=2 she will often engage and debate both side.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew Eisen...following.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm