Target Ramps Up Trade-In Program

August 16, 2011 -

Target is ramping up its in-store trading program to include more items that have a cash value and can be used towards purchasing new goods, the retailer announced today. The company said today that customers can save money on "back-to-school purchases: by trading in their used electronics and video games. Target’s Electronics Trade-in service (in partnership with NextWorth) has expanded to 1,490 of its stores across the country where Target Mobile centers are located, and new product categories have been added to further expand the service. The trade-in service at Target is now accepting calculators and DVDs, in addition to iPods, iPads, iPhones, cellphones, Nintendo DS units and video games.

“Offering electronic trade-ins at Target makes it simple for more people to get money out of their used electronics – immediately and conveniently,” said Dave Chen, CEO at NextWorth. “The in-store trade-in service, paired with NextWorth’s existing online program, provides a full-service solution for electronics recycling to meet anyone’s needs.”

Trade-ins are evaluated on-site and values are determined based on the model and condition of the item, according to Target. Customers then receive a prepaid card for the value of the trade to put toward their next Target purchase. Guests can also participate in the Electronics Trade-in service online at www.NextWorth.com, where they have the choice of cash or a gift card for their trade-in. The online service also offers free and fully insured UPS shipping.

For more information on the trade-in program check out Target.com or NextWorth.com.

Comments

Re: Target Ramps Up Trade-In Program

Hey kids! Guess what! We traded all your games in and got you school supplies! Yay!

-Greevar

"Paste superficially profound, but utterly meaningless quotation here."

PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm
Andrew EisenGP Movie Night!08/31/2015 - 8:41pm
Big PermEveyone should be too busy with phantom pain to notice GP is down. Hail Vidya!08/31/2015 - 8:40pm