Andrew Eisen Examines The Mega Man Conspiracy Theory

August 22, 2011 -

In the latest video from our own Andrew Eisen he talks in-depth about the Mega Man conspiracy theory making the rounds. Some believe that Capcom cancelled Mega Man Legends 3 for the 3DS and Mega Man Universe, and omitted the Blue Bomber from the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster because Mega Man co-creator Keiji Inafune left the company late last year. You may recall that Inafune made several derogatory statements about the Japanese video game industry prior to his departure, which reflected poorly on him and his employer too.

I'll leave the rest to Andrew, who runs down this conspiracy theory in the video and at his blog...

Comments

Re: Andrew Eisen Examines The Mega Man Conspiracy Theory

While the material was good, the audio quality of this one made it difficult to follow.

Keep up the good work though.

Re: Andrew Eisen Examines The Mega Man Conspiracy Theory

Yeah, the equipment I'm using sucks.  Believe it or not, what I posted is actually better than the raw recording.  Nowhere near ideal but hey, I work with what I got.

Glad you like it though.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Andrew Eisen Examines The Mega Man Conspiracy Theory

Perhaps you could start a Kickstarter campaign to get new recording equipment.

As one of the incentives, you could offer to speak the names of donators. You could make a killing among the lady crowd.

Re: Andrew Eisen Examines The Mega Man Conspiracy Theory

I would pay you ten dollars to read my statement of intent to the admissions boards of the vet schools I'm applying to. There's no way they would refuse me.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: Andrew Eisen Examines The Mega Man Conspiracy Theory

Heh.  I don't know man, my video demographics shows females on average make up less than 10% of my viewers.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Andrew Eisen Examines The Mega Man Conspiracy Theory

(Insert favorite male prostitute joke here)

Keep up the good work, Andrew. Maybe one day the developers will watch, listen, and think for once.

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm