Georgia Teen Killer to be Charged as an Adult

August 22, 2011 -

The Georgian teen that murdered his great grandmother and injured his grandmother with a sword after being told to stop playing video games and do his chores, will be tried as an adult, according to a Reuters report. The 15-year-old's name was also released, along with the names of the victims in the incident. The 15-year-old has been identified as Gevin Prince, and the 77-year-old great-grandmother who died from multiple stab wounds has been identified as Mary Joan Gibbs.

"He also attacked his grandmother and cut her severely," Douglas County District Attorney David McDade told Reuters last week.

McDade added that, under Georgia law, Prince would be prosecuted as an adult and that --while video games seem to be at the heart of the case-- a motive for the gruesome crime has not yet been established.

"We have been told there was some dispute over a video game but we haven't been able to confirm that," said McDade.

Prosecutors will also investigate whether Prince suffers from ongoing mental health issues.

"Obviously the crime he is charged with committing is one that invites scrutiny of his mental health," said the district attorney. "We will address that at the appropriate time."

Source: Reuters

Comments

Re: Georgia Teen Killer to be Charged as an Adult

Considering he had previous issues/incidents, I really don't think he should be tried as an adult. Its more of a failure of the family not to have gotten him help or restricted his access to the weapon he used once before.

I am by no means saying they deserved it, just saying that minors are minors, and ones with mental health issues are dependent on their families to help them.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: Georgia Teen Killer to be Charged as an Adult

Hear hear. This only makes a terrible case worse in my view...

prh99Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy if your enemy doesn't have to make stuff up.02/01/2015 - 5:01am
prh99Also if you don't like someone, harassment and scandals will only get them more attention. Zoe Quinn would probably not be as well known if not for various harassers.02/01/2015 - 5:00am
prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm