No Porsche for You in Forza 4

August 25, 2011 -

If you were hoping to drive a Porsche in Forza 4, you can forget about it, according to developer Turn 10. The developer of the popular racing series published by Microsoft says that the fancy car brand couldn't be included because of a licensing deal Electronic Arts already has with the company. While Turn 10 or Microsoft could have sub-licensed Porsche from EA, Turn 10 decided against it. In a post on the official Forza 4 site, Turn 10 community manager Brian Ekberg explained the absence:

"As many of you know, since the beginning of the Forza franchise, the Porsche license has been available only through a sub-licensing deal with EA," Ekberg said. "In Forza 3, we were able to feature more than 35 different Porsche models by offering to collaborate with EA. For Forza 4, we were looking forward to adding even more Porsche cars, and we were especially looking forward to featuring multiple Porsche experiences in our new Autovista mode. In the end, however, EA couldn't see their way towards collaborating again."

EA will use the license to put various Porsche models in its upcoming action-y racer Need for Speed: The Run.

Forza 4 will offer three cars from RUF Automobile, a German carmaker that heavily modifies Porsches and Porsche-like cars.

I guess that's better than nothing.

Source: GameSpot

Comments

Re: No Porsche for You in Forza 4

Just another day in the exclusive rights-purchasing world of EA.

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm