Guitar Hero 5 Named Favorite Next-Gen Game Among Women

September 6, 2011 -

According to a new poll from games comparison and marketplace website, Playr2, Guitar Hero 5 is the favorite "next-gen video game" selected by female gamers, beating out the likes of Assassin’s Creed II, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Halo: Reach.

The poll was conducted by Playr2, which grilled 1,103 self-confessed female gamers age 18 and over with the question "Which next-generation video games do you consider to be your favorite?" Participants were able to select multiple games, but in the end they chose Guitar Hero 5. Results of the clearly unscientific poll below:

1) Guitar Hero 5 – 34 percent
2) Assassin’s Creed II- 33 percent
3) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – 29 percent
4) Halo: Reach – 26 percent
5) Call of Duty: Black Ops – 24 percent
6) Final Fantasy XIII – 23 percent
7) Guitar Hero: World Tour – 19 percent
8) LittleBigPlanet - 18 percent
9) Grand Theft Auto IV – 15 percent
10) FIFA 11 – 12 percent

"I think that girl gamers are all-too-often thought of as fans of the more light-hearted, fluffy games, so with this research we wanted to look into which games, in reality, female video game fans favour," noted Simon Kilby, founder of Playr2.com. "It was really interesting to see Guitar Hero 5 top the charts, especially with the likes of adventure game Assassin’s Creed II behind it; proving that girls love a bit of rock, and adventure, as much as the boys. Girl gamers are often just as passionate as their male counterparts, and I think the games industry is starting to ensure that big game releases can be of interest to both sexes!"

Comments

Re: Guitar Hero 5 Named Favorite Next-Gen Game Among Women

Pretty even spread.  Gee, I guess that means girls like all kinds of different games because girls are made up of completely different types of people with completely different tastes.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Guitar Hero 5 Named Favorite Next-Gen Game Among Women

Heresy!  Women are one with the Hive Mind, which commands their every action.  As such, all women like Farmville, and anything else is a ruse.

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm