More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

September 20, 2011 -
In Andrew Eisen's latest video he actually may go bonkers as he contemplates another Legend of Zelda game offering "more than one hundred hours of gameplay." He illustrates the point with Wind Waker. On a personal note, a hundred hours is a drop in the bucket when you are playing Disgaea 4..

Comments

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Ok, I found the exaggeration here really weak. TO me anyone complaining has been spoiled too much by quick travel and auto saves.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Nintendo is terrible; clearly any overworld travel in any of their games should be balls-to-the-wall action all of the time. They should have gotten Irem to make sailing in the Wind Waker in to a bullet hell shooter -- preferably with pixel perfect hitboxes. Then you'd never be bored roaming from dungeon to dungeon! IF MY ADRENALINE ISN'T PUMPING, I'M NOT HAVING FUN!

Wait -- no, wait, that's retarded. I can't be the only person who did not find the Wind Waker's sailing tedious. By the time it started to feel overly repetitive, they started dumping all sorts of hazards in the ocean, and then let you teleport around without much trouble. Sailing was not more boring to me than, say, running around on foot or horseback for hours in Twilight Princess, and Quick Travel is a terrible alternative since it removes a lot of that 'Adventure' component from a series built on... uh, adventure.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

I found the sailing pretty relaxing myself when I was able to just glide along the waves.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Yeah, I actually found sailing to be fun, and even a bit overwhelming at the time (I was 13) because I never had so much liberty with where I could go explore.

Living in Canada is awesome. We enjoy the universal healthcare and gun-free environment of a European country while getting all of our games released at the same time as the US.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Additonally, moreso with wind waker than twilight princess, the environments  were so great that I always took way longer to get places as I explored all the little nooks, crannies, and islands. I enjoy the travel, and like a break between searching for keys.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Agreed. I find the sailing portion of Wind Waker to be quite fun and a good change of pace from normal dungeon crawling. I even got to the point that encounters with sharks and pirates frustrated me as I just wanted to sail around.

PHX Corphttp://www.polygon.com/2015/7/27/9050375/street-fighter-5-beta-offline-delayed Street Fighter 5 beta taken offline, now postponed indefinitely07/27/2015 - 9:51pm
Goth_Skunk@eZeek: Noooooooooo.... ;)07/27/2015 - 8:44pm
MechaTama31Re: Google+, wow. I never in a million years thought they would backpedal on that. I just resigned myself to not using commenting functions on any of their services.07/27/2015 - 6:21pm
E. Zachary KnightGoth, are you saying all women are fat. ;)07/27/2015 - 5:38pm
benohawkMake it more adorable and more gender neutral! Widescreen Dog and 16:9 their 16 kitten sidekicks07/27/2015 - 5:15pm
Goth_SkunkOr, if you prefer, Widescreen Woman.07/27/2015 - 4:12pm
Goth_SkunkWho will save us from this abominable practice?! Introducing WIDESCREEN MAN and his sidekick 16:9!07/27/2015 - 4:10pm
Andrew EisenInteresting coincidence. I tweeted about the evils of vertically oriented video just last night. https://twitter.com/AndrewEisen/status/62549836960397312007/27/2015 - 4:01pm
PHX Corphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ_I9-CkzDE The Great Atari Ransack (The Jimquisition) Warning Vertical video syndrome in one scene07/27/2015 - 3:40pm
MattsworknameBout time google07/27/2015 - 3:33pm
james_fudgeugh. TG man :)07/27/2015 - 1:15pm
MechaCrashGoogle drops Google+ requirements for YouTube and other services: http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/27/google-is-dropping-its-google-requirement-across-all-products-starting-with-youtube/07/27/2015 - 12:55pm
benohawkThat still isn't Steam pay royalties. At best it is Bethesda not being willing to relicense the music,07/27/2015 - 12:51pm
Infophile(cont'd) different service. This often happened with TV shows, where music was only licensed for broadcast, but not for DVD release. So for many older shows, they either have to relicense it or use different/no music for the DVD release.07/27/2015 - 12:36pm
Infophile@benohawk: It most likely comes down to the original licensing agreement for the music in it. Often those agreements only license it for the medium it first releases in, so it has to be re-licensed if it's rereleased in a different form or through a ...07/27/2015 - 12:35pm
benohawkWhy would steam be paying royalties on anything in quake?07/27/2015 - 12:01pm
black mantaI recommend using the KMQuake II patch which supports .ogg music files, then downloading the music from someplace, then dropping it in to a music folder into the \baseq2 directory.07/27/2015 - 10:32am
black mantaI got Quake 2 during the Steam Quakecon sale. Funny thing is, there's no music for it! Guess Steam didn't want to pay the royalty fees or something.07/27/2015 - 10:30am
black mantaLike EZK, I also have a backlog of games. Right now I'm playing Crysis 3 for the first time, and replaying Quake 2.07/27/2015 - 10:29am
E. Zachary KnightZippy, No. It is because I have a backlog of games a mile long and have not bought to many new games, which includes Mass Effect.07/27/2015 - 9:28am