Amazon Halts Persona 2: Innocent Sin Shipments After Numerous User Complaints

September 27, 2011 -

According to Game, Set, Watch, online retailer Amazon has stopped taking orders for the Atlus game, Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Apparently customer complaints over damaged product reached a point where Amazon took notice. The company said that it would halt its offering of the game "because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here."

The problem, according to customers speaking out on the Atlus forums, was because Amazon was shipping the game in a padded envelope, which allowed the packing for the game to take a lot of damage. This may sound like a minor thing to some, but Persona is a popular series with an enthusiastic and dedicated fan base, many of whom buy these games simply to add to their collection. If that doesn’t make sense to you simply pretend this is a story about Collector’s Editions of Gears of War, Madden, or Call of Duty…

GSW also points out that third-party resellers on Amazon have decided to take advantage of the situation by jacking the price of the game up. For now, existing orders through Amazon are on hold until the company figures out if it was their stock of the game or shipping issues that caused all the trouble.

Source: Game, Set, Watch

Comments

Re: Amazon Halts Persona 2: Innocent Sin Shipments After ...

I got mine from Gamestop, and it's pristine. Funny, that.

Re: Amazon Halts Persona 2: Innocent Sin Shipments After ...

Whew, glad I got mine and it is in perfect shape too.

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm