Webzen, Red 5 Settle Firefall Dispute

September 30, 2011 -

Korean MMO company Webzen and Red 5 have decided that continuing their court battle over Firefall isn't in their best interests. Instead the two companies have decided to settle the legal dispute related to the marketing of Red 5 in Asia out of court and withdraw all filings. The dispute is related to Webzen's marketing and publishing agreement for Firefall in Korea. Webzen felt that Red 5 did not fulfill its marketing obligations and ended up suing the company.

As part of the settlement mutually agreed on by both parties, Webzen will no longer be associated with the game and will be compensated for the investment it made, along with an undisclosed portion of the game's revenue in Korea of a fixed amount of time.

Red 5 CEO Mark Kern appealed for players' support following the resolution of the situation.

"Given the resolution of all disputes and conflicts between our two companies I would like to ask for our fans, especially Chinese and Korean gamers, continuous encouragement and support of Firefall and Red 5."

Source: GameIndustry.biz