Nintendo Delighted with Punishments in French R4 Cases

October 4, 2011 -

Nintendo may not be excited about its declining stock prices, eroding investor confidence or the fact that a majority of their investors want them to make games for the iPad, but they sure are delighted by a recent French piracy ruling. It’s all about having your priorities straight. Recently six companies were found guilty of importing and selling those nefarious R4 cartridges that allow users to play copied games on DS systems.

The companies have been fined more than 460,000 euros, ordered to pay damages to Nintendo of more than 4.8 million euros, even a handful of suspended prison sentences.

"Nintendo supported this criminal action not only for the company's sake, but for the interests of its game developer partners who spend time and money legitimately developing software for Nintendo's game platforms, and customers who expect the highest standards and integrity from products bearing the Nintendo name," commented Stephan Bole, MD of Nintendo France.

Another tragedy averted and righted.

Source: GI.biz

Image provided by Shutterstock.com. All rights reserved.

Comments

Re: Nintendo Delighted with Punishments in French R4 Cases

Butbut... The R4 was just a device to promote homebrew games and play backups! There's nothing wrong with that, right? RIGHT?! Nobody can prove that people were using the R4 for piracy, so therefore it never happened!

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

MaskedPixelanteIf by "distance themselves from Google Plus" you mean "forcing Google Plus integration in everything", then yes, they are distancing themselves from Google Plus.07/26/2014 - 12:20pm
MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm