DICE Warns Against Using Unofficial Battlefield 3 Beta Servers

October 5, 2011 -

EA studio DICE is warning players that they should avoid playing the beta of the upcoming modern-day shooter Battlefield 3 on unofficial servers, noting that doing so could compromise their accounts. Last week, Battlefield 3's server files were leaked onto the internet, opening up players to a large amount of unofficial servers for the game's ongoing beta test on PC. Using these leaked files lets those who want to run a server to adjust player counts from 32 to 100, among other things.

Commenting on DICE's official forums, Tingle noted that the DICE team is working on a way "to have these [unofficial] servers dealt with."

"Playing on those servers can cause your account to become compromised, stats to be altered or other issues to arise which may lead to having your account banned," Tingle added.

Source: Shacknews

Comments

Re: DICE Warns Against Using Unofficial Battlefield 3 Beta ...

I wonder if somebody could hack you account in some way that could do some serious damage to your computer other than altering your stats. That could be an issue couldn't it?

-----------------------------------------

Managing Editor at TheBestGameSiteEver.com

Re: DICE Warns Against Using Unofficial Battlefield 3 Beta ...

Sounds like a typical scare tactic to keep people on the official servers.

Matthew WilsonUC berkeley won, and they 3 years of free tuition for winning.04/26/2015 - 11:26pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm