ECA Introduces New Pro-Gaming Chapter with Dave 'Walshy' Walsh

October 10, 2011 -

If you read our ECA Today newsletter then you probably heard on Friday that the Entertainment Consumer Association (ECA)  has backed pro-gamer Dave "Walshy" Walsh's special ECA Chapter dedicated to pro gamers and advocacy. Today the ECA made the official announcement, which you can read below in its entirety. We offer it to you without commentary because GamePolitics is an ECA publication.

**ECA INTRODUCES NEW PRO GAMING CHAPTER WITH DAVE “WALSHY” WALSH**

Virtual Community Group Established with Focus on Competitive Gaming

The Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) announced today that the organization is working together with veteran professional gamer Dave “Walshy” Walsh to unveil an all-new chapter that is focused entirely on eSports and the competitive gaming community. Adding to the 60+ ECA chapters already in existence across North America, this new “virtual” chapter can be joined by current and prospective ECA members interested in engaging more with the community of competitive gaming.

Professional gamer and Michigan native Dave Walsh will serve as the ECA Chapter President and will be available to offer advice and share his experiences as an 8-year veteran in the industry. While many pro gamers are joining Dave’s new chapter, anyone with an interest in eSports and its communities, is welcome.

“I’m excited about establishing this ECA chapter because it takes the amazing work that the organization and its members do and combines it with my love for competitive gaming,” said Dave. “Like the other chapters across the U.S. and Canada, ours can get involved in areas in which our folks are passionate, really take advantage of the discounts that are more attractive to us, and weigh-in on policy areas that impact us, like the Anti-Streaming Bill.”

The new Pro Gaming Chapter will be similar to the virtual “Second Life” chapter, where members can join and interact with others from anywhere in North America. All ECA chapters are designed to keep members connected with other like-minded gamers and with the organization; starting or joining an ECA chapter offers a wealth of education, opportunities to engage, and fun.

“Our network of chapters and their interests are as diverse as our membership,” said Hal Halpin, President of the ECA. “Many of the college and university-based chapters tend to focus on getting together, creating LANs and take advantage of discounts and offers from our restaurant and bar partners; where some of the urban and suburban chapters tend to get more politically-involved and gravitate toward our retail and online member discounts and benefits. That there’s now a place in the organization for those interested in pro gaming and eSports just makes sense. That we have Dave heading it up, is awesome.”

For more information on ECA Chapters, go to: theeca.com/eca_community.

To learn how to become a member, or to find out more about the organization, check out: theeca.com.

Posted in