CGO Files Final Response in Rogers Game Traffic Mismanagement Fight

October 17, 2011 -

The Canadian Gamers Organization (CGO), a group dedicated to fighting for Internet openness in Canada, announced today that it has submitted its final response to the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission's (CRTC) request for information. The CGO has waged war against ISP Rogers for "discriminating against online applications—namely World of Warcraft and Call of Duty Black Ops—using illegitimate Internet traffic management practices."

"Canadians should not be made to wade through a sea of technical data to enforce the CRTC’s rules,” says CGO co-founder Jason Koblovsky in a statement. "There has been strong evidence from the start of this fight—which dates all the way back to January—that Rogers is not respecting Internet openness rules. When faced with this evidence, the CRTC should be taking proactive measures to ensure their rules are respected, rather than pushing the onus onto Canadians."

Non-profit advocacy group OpenMedia.ca recently threw its support behind the CGO’s efforts on this issue as well.

"Canadians have been crystal clear: we want access to all the Internet has to offer," said OpenMedia.ca Executive Director, Steve Anderson. "It’s past time for the CRTC to enforce Internet openness rules, and prevent discriminatory traffic management by conducting regular Internet openness compliance audits.”

You can learn more about OpenMedia.ca's efforts at openmedia.ca/saveournet and the CGO's efforts at openmedia.ca/gamers. You can also check out the October 14 response here.

Source: jasonkoblovsky.blogspot.com

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm