Gameloft Security Breach Affects 100 Users

October 21, 2011 -

French mobile publisher Gameloft acknowledged on Thursday that a security breach forced it to temporarily take down one of its web sites. Reports began surfacing on the company's forums earlier this week, suggesting that the GameloftLive.com Web site had been experiencing problems and that some accounts had been compromised. After a poster suggested that users stay away from the site and that Gameloft fix the problem, the web site was taken down.

In a statement to CNET this morning, a Gameloft representative said that about 100 users of the web version of Gameloft Live had been affected and the security breach had to do with a game called "Order and Chaos." The company added that all users who had contacted them about the problem have been "re-credited to their original account's situation."

What the security breach entailed remains murky; Gameloft did not explain what kind of user data was compromised, nor how whoever compromised the accounts managed to gain access in the first place.

Source: Cnet by way of GI.biz

Comments

Re: Gameloft Security Breach Affects 100 Users

... I emailed Gameloft about this a couple of weeks ago. I found suspicious activity on my account. Got the usual everything is fine from their customer service.

Fortunately there is nothing personal on my account any more.

Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm