Good Samaritan Killed Trying to Thwart Robbery

November 1, 2011 -

TV Station KTLA reports on a tragedy that resulted from one man trying to stop a theft. Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies have arrested four teenagers as a result. The boys were arrested after a fight over a DS ended in a shooting that wounded one teen and killed an unnamed 29-year-old male. The shooting occurred just after 3:00 p.m. Monday at a shopping center where a teen met with four other teen boys to sell a Nintendo DS game system.

According to police, the boys had no intention of buying anything - they planned to rob him. When they tried, a fight broke out and one of the four robbers pulled out a gun. An unidentified man, who police are calling a Good Samaritan, tried to break up the fight armed with a baseball bat. The boy with the gun shot him in the torso and the owner of the DS in the thigh as he tried to flee.

The four suspects - males between the ages of 13 and 16 - have been arrested and are facing charges of robbery and murder.

Police said the man who tried to thwart the robbery was a 29-year-old Hispanic male, but did not divulge his identity. The DS seller was treated for non-threatening injuries at a nearby hospital. Detectives are asking anyone with information to call the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station at 661-255-1121.

Thanks to Andrew Eisen for the tip.

Source: KTLA by way of Kotaku. Image via KTLA.

Comments

Re: Good Samaritan Killed Trying to Thwart Robbery

Would you trade one DS for one count of attempted murder and one count of felony murder? Is a DS really worth that much? Morons.

Re: Good Samaritan Killed Trying to Thwart Robbery

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm
Matthew WilsonI agree with that07/25/2014 - 10:45am
IanCWelp, twitch is going to suck now. Thanks google.07/25/2014 - 6:30am
Sleaker@MP - Looked up hitbox, thanks.07/24/2014 - 9:40pm
MaskedPixelanteIt's the golden age of Hitbox, I guess.07/24/2014 - 6:08pm
Matthew WilsonGoogle is better than MS or Amazon.07/24/2014 - 5:33pm
Andrew EisenNor I. From a content producer's perspective, almost every change Google implements makes the service more cumbersome to use. It's why I set up a Facebook fan page in the first place; it was becoming too difficult to connect with my viewers on YouTube.07/24/2014 - 4:50pm