Call of Duty Series Beating Battlefield 3 on Xbox Live

November 3, 2011 -

If the fight between EA's Battlefield 3 and the Call of Duty series is a popularity contest than EA is losing, according to online usage stats released by Xbox Live's Major Nelson. According to his list of most popular game being online for the week, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 are more popular than Battlefield 3. This might give EA some pause considering that these are very old games beating a game just barely released this month.

The chart is below - or you can check the whole thing out here. On the plus side for EA, at least Battlefield 3 is beating out Gears of War 3..

• 1.Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • 16.Battlefield: Bad Co. 2
  • 17.Call of Duty: WaW
  • 18.NCAA Football 12
  • 19.Dead Island
  • 20.Red Dead Redemption

Source: Eurogamer

Comments

Re: Call of Duty Series Beating Battlefield 3 on Xbox Live

Yes, but game companies don't care if the game is better. They care if it's more popular, because more people playing means more copies sold. They could care less if their game is blander than cookie cutter white bread, so long as it sells better than the others. Why do you think all the MMO's constantly compare themselves to WoW and all the shooters to COD? They want the numbers that those two games had so they can make that kind of money. Better doesn't factor into the equation.

I hate broccoli/ and think it totally sucks/ Why isn't it meat?

Re: Call of Duty Series Beating Battlefield 3 on Xbox Live

@Cormic: A list of numbers and letters on a PC monitor, which frankly matters little to anyone who plays either of those games, they'll still prefer their game over the other.

“How can one not be fond of something that the Daily Mail despises?” ― Stephen Fry

Re: Call of Duty Series Beating Battlefield 3 on Xbox Live

Just cause something is popular it doesn't mean it's better.

Re: Call of Duty Series Beating Battlefield 3 on Xbox Live

Yay? Now what do those numbers look like on the PC?

Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm