Warner Bros. Confirms Job Cuts at Seattle Studios

November 7, 2011 -

Warner Bros. has confirmed that a number of jobs from its studios in the Seattle, Washington area have been eliminated. The confirmation comes after 3D Realms boss George Broussard tweeted about it earlier, saying that around 60 employees had been let go from the studio.

"As part of the continual review of our business operations and fluctuating market conditions, we have had to make reductions in our WB Games Seattle workforce," read the publisher's statement to GameSpot.

Warner Bros.' Seattle operations include Monolith Productions, who is currently working on Gotham City Imposters, and Snowblind Studios, which just finished working on The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. We do not know exactly how many employees from each studio were let go at this time.

Source: GI.biz

Comments

Re: Warner Bros. Confirms Job Cuts at Seattle Studios

Although I haven't got the chance to play any of their games, and especially The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, I feel like the decision shouldn't have been made. It's never OK to let people go, I'm thinking they didn't have a good PEO or something, because surely this issue could have been resolved in another way.

Re: Warner Bros. Confirms Job Cuts at Seattle Studios

Speaking as an owner of The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, I'm not impressed. It defines the term "on rails" for an action RPG. Hoping I can force myself to finish the game. The combat is kind of fun in co-op... not so much in single player. I won't even begin to discuss the mess that the story is.

I hate to see anyone lose their job though so this just sucks from all sides.

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm