Warner Bros. Confirms Job Cuts at Seattle Studios

November 7, 2011 -

Warner Bros. has confirmed that a number of jobs from its studios in the Seattle, Washington area have been eliminated. The confirmation comes after 3D Realms boss George Broussard tweeted about it earlier, saying that around 60 employees had been let go from the studio.

"As part of the continual review of our business operations and fluctuating market conditions, we have had to make reductions in our WB Games Seattle workforce," read the publisher's statement to GameSpot.

Warner Bros.' Seattle operations include Monolith Productions, who is currently working on Gotham City Imposters, and Snowblind Studios, which just finished working on The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. We do not know exactly how many employees from each studio were let go at this time.

Source: GI.biz

Comments

Re: Warner Bros. Confirms Job Cuts at Seattle Studios

Although I haven't got the chance to play any of their games, and especially The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, I feel like the decision shouldn't have been made. It's never OK to let people go, I'm thinking they didn't have a good PEO or something, because surely this issue could have been resolved in another way.

Re: Warner Bros. Confirms Job Cuts at Seattle Studios

Speaking as an owner of The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, I'm not impressed. It defines the term "on rails" for an action RPG. Hoping I can force myself to finish the game. The combat is kind of fun in co-op... not so much in single player. I won't even begin to discuss the mess that the story is.

I hate to see anyone lose their job though so this just sucks from all sides.

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm