Warner Bros. Confirms Job Cuts at Seattle Studios

November 7, 2011 -

Warner Bros. has confirmed that a number of jobs from its studios in the Seattle, Washington area have been eliminated. The confirmation comes after 3D Realms boss George Broussard tweeted about it earlier, saying that around 60 employees had been let go from the studio.

"As part of the continual review of our business operations and fluctuating market conditions, we have had to make reductions in our WB Games Seattle workforce," read the publisher's statement to GameSpot.

Warner Bros.' Seattle operations include Monolith Productions, who is currently working on Gotham City Imposters, and Snowblind Studios, which just finished working on The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. We do not know exactly how many employees from each studio were let go at this time.

Source: GI.biz

Comments

Re: Warner Bros. Confirms Job Cuts at Seattle Studios

Although I haven't got the chance to play any of their games, and especially The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, I feel like the decision shouldn't have been made. It's never OK to let people go, I'm thinking they didn't have a good PEO or something, because surely this issue could have been resolved in another way.

Re: Warner Bros. Confirms Job Cuts at Seattle Studios

Speaking as an owner of The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, I'm not impressed. It defines the term "on rails" for an action RPG. Hoping I can force myself to finish the game. The combat is kind of fun in co-op... not so much in single player. I won't even begin to discuss the mess that the story is.

I hate to see anyone lose their job though so this just sucks from all sides.

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm
Andrew EisenOr what the heck Nina White (someone else I've never heard of) is actually referring to.04/24/2015 - 3:24pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is a game dev. she used to do stuff with hormanix and now works with https://outact.net/#!/?page_id=2 she will often engage and debate both side.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew Eisen...following.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm