Call of Duty Elite Subscribers Get Free Month

November 11, 2011 -

Because of all the issues at launch Activision announced that it will give one month of free time to all Call of Duty Elite subscribers. Activision's social network built around tracking statistics various Call of Duty games, launched this week with the release of Modern Warfare 3 on Tuesday. At launch the service suffered from a number of issues and continues to be online sporadically.

The Elite website's status page was updated today with statement from the company saying that all premium members will receive a 30 day extension on their year subscription to make up for the service's rocky start. Last week Activision revealed that it had to delay the launch of the PC version of the service.

The official update also promises Elite users that all of their match stats are being stored and that game performance is not being affected by the issues related to Elite. Activision will be limiting access to the service via the Web and console applications, with priority going to paid members.

Source: GameSpot

Comments

Re: Call of Duty Elite Subscribers Get Free Month

Well, when you have however many thousands of computers attempting to access a single server at once, it's gonna overload.

Wait a minute...isn't that what the Low Orbit Ion Cannon does? EA just had their fans DDoS themselves!

Andrew EisenNo.05/05/2015 - 4:16pm
Wonderkarphey Andrew, got a question. do you think Nintendo will pull a Wii and delay Zelda onto their "new console" like they did with Twilight Princess?05/05/2015 - 4:15pm
Wonderkarpand it said it was submitted but i never saw anything05/05/2015 - 4:11pm
Wonderkarpno. i sent info regarding that "games dont make people sexist" study from Germany.05/05/2015 - 4:07pm
MGI love how people try to use "white knight" as a negative. Yes, please call me the chivalrous defender of the weak, the innocent, and the downtrodden. The reverse of calling someone the white knight means he/she is this http://tinyurl.com/o4sv8kr05/05/2015 - 4:06pm
Andrew EisenAnyway, I'm checking into the Submit News button. Were you getting an error or something?05/05/2015 - 4:06pm
Wonderkarpalright Andrew.05/05/2015 - 4:05pm
MechaCrashThat would require him to make even the barest attempt to educate himself before shooting his mouth off.05/05/2015 - 4:03pm
Andrew EisenOh for crying out loud, stop sniping at each other. Find an issue to discuss instead. Preferably something other than what you think about one another.05/05/2015 - 4:01pm
MechaCrashYour feeble attempts to salvage your pride are not being bought by anybody. Go cry to whatever circlejerk about how the mean ol' SJW persecuted you just because you're a hypocrite who claims to be about ethics and then displays none.05/05/2015 - 3:57pm
Wonderkarpwant me gone? Sure, I'll leave. you can be the brave white knight who slayed the fish to appease those who look down on you. *clap clap*05/05/2015 - 3:54pm
WonderkarpOnly reason I came back was to make sure a story got reported here. I was going to use the submit news button but that doesnt work. I pop in time to time, dont comment. Why I'm commenting now? Boredom most likely. Boredom and Venting.05/05/2015 - 3:52pm
MechaCrashAt this point I'm wondering how much of this you'll take before you throw another tantrum and LEAVE FOREVER for the third time.05/05/2015 - 3:47pm
MechaCrashHaha, do you really think I'm the only one who holds you in contempt for misattributing and then complaining about a video you refuse to watch? It's just that I'm willing to be blunt enough to call you on it.05/05/2015 - 3:46pm
WonderkarpIt bottles down to I dont care what you think of me, MechaCrash.05/05/2015 - 3:42pm
Wonderkarpits like "I'm not a racist because I have a black friend and dance around the words I say" and it isnt your general feelings05/05/2015 - 3:38pm
WonderkarpAnybody who takes the time to explain why they arent a sexist is a sexist. if you call me sexist. fine. then I'm sexist to you. I call you a dumbass. doesn't make you a dumbass but you are definitely one to me.05/05/2015 - 3:37pm
MechaCrashGotta love how the attempt to not look sexist by whining about McIntosh and not Sarkeesian just makes you look even more sexist. By the way, you might want to watch these videos before handing down judgement, it might help obscure your reactionary idiocy.05/05/2015 - 3:32pm
WonderkarpI wish I was a rainbow unicorn. I Like My Little Pony05/05/2015 - 2:59pm
Matthew WilsonI am ok with brand deals, so long as they say it up front.05/05/2015 - 2:50pm