PlayStation Vita UMD 'Transfer' Pricing Revealed for Japan

November 11, 2011 -

With the pending release of PlayStation Vita in Japan, Sony has finally revealed how owners of UMD-based games will be able to get digital versions of them on their new PlayStation hand-held devices. All games will have to be re-purchased to be played on Vita, but those who can prove via UMD that they already own games will get a discount when re-purchasing the same content digitally.

In Japan these full-price games will cost around ¥1,000 ($13, £8). Some of the titles in this price range include Dirt 2, Gran Turismo, Dead or Alive Paradise and Patapon 3. Some titles will cost less to transfer, while others will cost considerably more. Third party titles will be available to transfer once Vita is officially released. The company estimates that around 200 titles will be available at that time - including games from Square Enix, Capcom, and Konami.

The PlayStation Vita will launch in Japan on December 17, in other parts of Asia December 23, and in Europe and North America on February 22, 2012.

We are not sure how Japanese consumers will react to these prices, but consumers in Europe and America will not be happy to hear that they have to pay even more money for games they already purchased.

Source: Gamespot

Comments

Re: PlayStation Vita UMD 'Transfer' Pricing Revealed for Japan

Set up a kiosk in a store. It should have a UMD reader, a USB port and a connection to PSN. From there you connect your PSP to it to establish your PSN account. Then insert the UMD of your game. It will identify the game and ask do you want to trade the physical for the virtual version? Choose yes and the game will be credited to you account and the UMD claimed by the kiosk. Come by as needed to empty the storage and make room for more trade-ins.

Re: PlayStation Vita UMD 'Transfer' Pricing Revealed for Japan

Re: PlayStation Vita UMD 'Transfer' Pricing Revealed for Japan

Not a good way to go since its not easy IE is cheap to move your collection to the PSP2 everyone losses. They should have built a device that reads a disc goes online to a database find the title then allow a one time transfer of the game on that account using that method of transfer would at least be something worth while to the consumer.

---

Re: PlayStation Vita UMD 'Transfer' Pricing Revealed for Japan

The Vita will end up like the PSP Go.

Re: PlayStation Vita UMD 'Transfer' Pricing Revealed for Japan

It's still a load of crap.

Poll

Will an M rating hurt Batman: Arkham Knight's sales?:

E. Zachary KnightHad some fun discussions about that dumb dress on Facebook. I opened the original picture in GIMP and sampled the colors and determined them to be Blue and Gold. People still say I am wrong.02/27/2015 - 7:41pm
ConsterTime for something completely different: #teamwhiteandgoldllama!02/27/2015 - 7:27pm
ZippyDSMleeAndrew Eisen: I'll try. ^^02/27/2015 - 5:40pm
ZippyDSMlee james_fudge: That’s what I been doing damnit!! *bites your leg*. LOL All but a couple posts have been written in word 2010. This has had my full attention so I’ve been able to keep some consistency up today which is nice a shame it’s still gibberish ><02/27/2015 - 5:38pm
Andrew EisenLike I said, if you want to have a discussion or get a question answered, I'm more than happy to oblige. All I ask in return is you have enough respect for everyone else to take the time to compose a readable post.02/27/2015 - 5:35pm
ZippyDSMleeI suppose it would be poor of me to say this but thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions, it does help me every now and then to discuss things and update or refine my opinion on stuff.. I do miss the forums here….02/27/2015 - 5:31pm
james_fudgeYou could run it through Word :) It's not that hard.02/27/2015 - 5:30pm
ZippyDSMleeSomething’s I can be clearer on more simple constructs making me better understood. Stack my weaknesses with complex constructs and my bad sense of humor and ya it’s a mess.. Consistent clarity is a pain in the butt for me.02/27/2015 - 5:22pm
ZippyDSMleeHave I ever held a covnersion this long that dose not have issues?02/27/2015 - 5:18pm
ZippyDSMleeBetween being learning disabled and having “quirks” from 5th grade I communicate in streaming conscious, I derive information from written words out of order giving me issues revolving around context.02/27/2015 - 5:17pm
Andrew EisenYou're bullshitting. You can communicate clearly. I've seen you do it. If you want to have a discussion, fine. I'm more than happy to oblige but I'm not going to waste any more of my time if you insist on hiding behind the Zippy character.02/27/2015 - 5:15pm
ZippyDSMleeThose that walk the harsh path of grammar are blind to those that nibble upon it. Of course it helps incoherence is my friend…. LOL02/27/2015 - 5:14pm
Andrew EisenAgain, your comments make no damn sense.02/27/2015 - 5:10pm
ZippyDSMleeMabye if I put my brains in a blender I would think better...I dunno... LOL02/27/2015 - 5:09pm
ZippyDSMleequestion. God this is what I get for writing for the last 3 days…. to much over damn thinking….02/27/2015 - 5:07pm
ZippyDSMleeAndrew Eisen: I was going to say… the basis of feminism(and many things) is group opinion, because she is a part of the group how can she not be influenced by and be lost in whose opinion starts where…but I guess that’s more an existential general human 02/27/2015 - 5:06pm
ZippyDSMleeoy vay this palce hates Noscript I dunno if tis the post being copied from word or scrit issues but it will not let me post sometimes.02/27/2015 - 5:00pm
Andrew EisenYes, I am not portraying her as someone who does not use opinions in her various talks and presentations.02/27/2015 - 4:59pm
ZippyDSMleeattack than think.02/27/2015 - 4:58pm
ZippyDSMleeI can admit a lot of the butthurt coming from the other side is frankly a conditioned response learned from past experiences of censorship and social moral crusades. Which it really is not but it’s a forest for the tree’s issue I guess and it’s easier to 02/27/2015 - 4:58pm