Black Friday Fever to the Extreme

November 21, 2011 -

How can you tell when it’s getting closer to Black Friday - the #1 retail shopping day of the year? When people start camping out in front of stores to get their hands on some outrageous deals. But maybe some people do get a little carried away with it - like the people of St. Petersburg, Florida who have already been camping out in front of Best Buy since Monday, November 14, according to CBS Tampa.

Locals Christine Orta and nine others from three different families set up a camp and started “occupying” a Black Friday line at a St. Petersburg Best Buy. By day five, Tito Hernandez, a college student originally from Brazil, took the front of the line status for his Black Friday team. The group is calling themselves "Occupy Best Buy."

“There are 10 of us, and we take turns according to our work and school schedules,” Hernandez said.

Hernandez is making the most of his time in the line by getting some studying done.

And what is worth camping out on cold concrete in front of a Best Buy store for nine days? Savings on what every college student or most Americans can’t do without: flat screen TVs and laptops.

So, when most people are climbing in bed and reaching for the antacids, Hernandez and his nine electronics-seeking team members will be ready to cash in on their “Occupy the front of line” status with ten TVs and computers.

So what are they waiting in line for? Best Buy is offering a limited number of Sharp 42″ Class LCD 1080p HDTV's for $199.99 each or Samsung Laptops with an Intel Pentium Processor, 15.6″ display, and 4GB memory for only $299.99.

Source: CBS Tampa