Microsoft Reveals Kinect Accelerator Initiative

November 21, 2011 -

Microsoft has launched a new program that gives $20,000 in investment and support to developers who want to build programs that use its Kinect motion sensing technology. The new initiative is called Kinect Accelerator, and will select 10 applicants to work closely with Microsoft. Those companies selected get an impressive range of support and products to help them bring their projects full circle including cash, mentoring, and lots of development tools.

According to the official FAQ, recipients of the program get an investment of $20,000, an Xbox development kit, the Windows Kinect SDK, office space to work from, the resources of BizSpark, technical training and support, mentorship from entrepreneurs, and support from investors and Microsoft executives "intensely focused on making their business a success."

The deadline for applications is January 25, 2012. For more info, check out www.microsoft.com.

Source: GI.biz

Comments

Re: Microsoft Reveals Kinect Accelerator Initiative

Oddly I get the feeling this won't go toward anything menaignful.

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm