The Jimquisition Tackles SOPA

November 23, 2011 -

The latest episode of The Jimquisition on The Escapist tackles Sony, EA and Nintendo's involvement in SOPA and Protect IP - two bills that propose doing horrible things in the name of protecting intellectual property rights, fighting piracy and killing the illicit counterfeit goods markets on the Internet.

Here's the lead in from irrepressible Destructoid editor Jim Sterling - or his The Escapist handlers (we're not sure which):

"The Stop Online Piracy Act may sound innocuous, but it's a nasty little proposition that gives corporations uncontested rights to control what you enjoy on the Internet. Naturally, being a horrible thing, EA can't wait to climb aboard, along with a number of other publishers. The Internet shouldn't be censored by cowardly companies who are afraid of it, and The Jimquisition urges you take note of what these organizations want to do."

Watch the video to hear Jim's latest rant. Thanks again to Andrew Eisen for the link.

Source: The Escapist

Comments

Re: The Jimquisition Tackles SOPA

Jim Sterling: Loundmouthed critic-cum-comedian who unapologetically ticks as many people off as he entertains.

I suspect he's channeling Lewis Black's spirit.

Re: The Jimquisition Tackles SOPA

That is some not too subtle cross marketing going on there. I guess all that user behavior tracking stuff really paid off, huh?

Re: The Jimquisition Tackles SOPA

Well they left out a C, meaning this is the Corporations Shit On People Act.

I really hope if this passes a plumbing company, since companies are people now, has Nintendo shut down their website for portraying a plumber.

Re: The Jimquisition Tackles SOPA

i might have to start a plumbing company just for that reason. lol.

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm
Goth_SkunkRockstar is suing the BBC. http://ow.ly/NgzDm05/21/2015 - 8:00pm
Goth_SkunkWhy I don't take The Mary Sue seriously, and why you shouldn't either: http://ow.ly/Ngzkk05/21/2015 - 7:55pm