Modern Warfare 3's Matchmaking and Wall Hack Issues

December 13, 2011 -

Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 3 online matchmaking won't work properly in countries that are not supported by Xbox Live, according to a report in Eurogamer. Some customers in countries where the service isn't official are having trouble playing Modern Warfare 3 and there's nothing that can be done about it, according to tweets from Activision and Microsoft to users complaining about problems.

For an example of this, we need only look to the official Xbox Support Twitter account, which recently told Croatian blogger John385 that, "COD: MW3 multiplayer online is only accessible if you're in an eligible Xbox Live region."

Since Croatia is not an official Xbox Live region players like John385 can't get any fixes or support to deal with their problems..

Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling offered a similar explanation on Twitter, telling Victor Bilan that, "With matchmaking you must look at more variables than just game code, especially when only impacting only certain regions."

"Regretfully no ETA at this point," he added, on the topic of a fix. "It's something actively being discussed and investigated. Talking to users being affected."

Blogger John385 claims the Modern Warfare 3 matchmaking system is weighted to favor local players when searching. He also alleged that problems weren't restricted to unsupported Xbox Live regions; claiming that he has heard similar reports from regions like Malaysia, Norway, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus and Finland.

On a related note, Activision released the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 patch 1.06 earlier this week for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. It offers various fixes and tweaks - a full accounting of that list of changes can be found here. As noted by Inentertainment, one thing the patch doesn't fix is a nasty glitch that allows players to "wall hack" during multiplayer. The exploit basically makes it so that players can walk freely below a level. You can see it in the video to your left.

Comments

Re: Modern Warfare 3's Matchmaking and Wall Hack Issues

That's not a wallhack so much as it is a glitch that allows you to enter the maps underworld. Either way, it's a common flaw that happens when maps are rushed to development and/or not all points are rendered solid during mapping and persons are able to pass right through textures sometimes getting stuck in buildings or falling directly under them allowing them access to the games underworld. This can work out for worse in most games where the moment you fall through the ground, you keep falling till you die (if you're REALLY lucky) or you choose to respawn (chances are this will be the result).

----
Papa Midnight