APB Reloaded Hits One Million Registered Player Mark

December 15, 2011 -

All Points Bulletin Reloaded, the relaunched free-to-play version of the online gangland action game, has managed to garner one million registered players. The game, which was created by Realtime worlds as a subscription-based MMO, launched in 2010 and only managed to garner 130,000 players. Much of the relaunched game's early success can be attributed to being available via Valve’s Steam platform as a free download.

While APB Reloaded is currently available on Steam for free, publisher GamersFirst is planning a retail launch of the game next week that retails for $30. While the retail version will cost you some real-world cash, it will also contain about $50 in virtual goods for the game.

Source: GameSpot

Posted in

Comments

Re: APB Reloaded Hits One Million Registered Player Mark

This game is actually remarkable and well worth checking out. I couldn't stick with it, but it was a wonderful 2 weeks.

...also, I wonder how many concurrent users they've had.

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm
Andrew EisenOr what the heck Nina White (someone else I've never heard of) is actually referring to.04/24/2015 - 3:24pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is a game dev. she used to do stuff with hormanix and now works with https://outact.net/#!/?page_id=2 she will often engage and debate both side.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew Eisen...following.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew EisenYou mean focus on stopping the bad behavior of those who are doing it rather than condemning all the people that associate with them? Great. But I still don't know who Emma Clarkson is, what she said, why she was attacked or what "standard line" she's04/24/2015 - 3:23pm