Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

December 14, 2011 -

If you've been banned from Modern Warfare 3 for being a jerk or cheating, you can start playing again in another 5,000 days. If you're a 13-year-old and you catch such a serious ban, you'll be 26.5 years old when you can play again. A serious ban is 5,000 days, or 13.5 years, according to MP1st. But don't worry - these bans are dubbed "temporary" by Infinity Ward. While I doubt MW3 has that kind of shelf-life, it's an interesting and mildly amusing way of presenting what is really a perma-ban.

Infinity Ward Creative Strategist Robert Bowling has confirmed the length of the bans, simply saying that "If you see this message, it means you've been Permabanned (for something bad)."

Indeed. While the counting down of days might give some players some measure of hope, it would probably better if they just sent a message saying "your account has been permanently banned."

Source: MP1s by way of The Escapist

Comments

Re: Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

Temp bans should last less than 10 days, normal bans 30, prema bans more than a year.....

Ah PC zero thought at play here, lets make a rule thats so assbackwards it takes care of most problems(by causing more for other people).

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

Moral of the story: Don't be a dick. Play nice, and you can keep playing.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

You know, when my cousin called another kid in class a chode, he got detention and grounded for 3 days.

Moral of the story is: The punishment will never fit the crime.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 'Temporary Bans' Last 13.5 Years

Esp when, probably for PR reasons, the label of the punishment does not fit the reality.

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm