SWTOR Pre-Order Customers Get Two-Day Grace Period

December 16, 2011 -

For those of you still waiting to get into Star Wars: The Old Republic - a privilege you earned by pre-ordering the game, we might add - BioWare offers some good news: they are offering a two-day grace period for Star Wars: The Old Republic customers. The move is meant to reward fans who pre-ordered but have yet to get early access to the game. They are concerned about getting it in time for the December 20 launch of the game. This two-day grace period means that if you pre-ordered and are in the Early Game Access program, you will have 48 hours from the launch to enter your product registration code.

BioWare is telling customers to register their product code as soon as possible to ensure a seamless entry into the game, a smooth experience on the account website and to collect any special gifts and items you are entitled to based on the version of the game you purchased.

"We understand that for some, your copy of the game may still arrive on or after 22nd December," BioWare bosses Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk said on the SWTOR forum. "Unfortunately, we cannot extend the grace period any further. We suggest you contact your retailer to discuss shipping options, if this is a concern."

An EA executive added: "We know this has been an issue for some of you, and we apologize for the concerns. We're looking forward to welcoming all of you to the official launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic!"

The 30 day game time included with the MMORPG is not affected by the grace period, which means that you won't use it until after those two days of free-play have passed.

Source: Eurogamer

Comments

Re: SWTOR Pre-Order Customers Get Two-Day Grace Period

"The move is meant to reward fans who pre-ordered but have yet to get early access to the game"

That's not even close to right. The grace period is for people who ordered a physical copy and it may not be showing up on their doorstep on launch day. In order to keep playing, from Early Access through launch day, you have to register your copy's actual key on your account. Otherwise you would have lost access, and now they've extended that by a couple days to give a little leeway. Anyone who ordered a digital copy already has their key, and there's no excuse for them to have not registered it already.

Might want to actually read those articles you copy/paste from in the future.

Re: SWTOR Pre-Order Customers Get Two-Day Grace Period

Anybody who pre-ordered up to December 15th got it by Friday, which originally the second day of early access. They need to stop complaining. It was done by "first come, first served" And it worked out well.

Yes, I am a liberal. I also believe in a strong military, less government, and the right to bear arms.

Re: SWTOR Pre-Order Customers Get Two-Day Grace Period

My understanding was if you pre-ordered, you could get in UP TO 5 days early, based on when you pre-ordered.  Some people even got in 7 days early.  And my understanding is the 2-day grace period is for people who pre-ordered and their game might not arrive on Launch day.  Some retailers are shipping early so it arrives on the 20th, whereas some won't be shipping until the 20th.  The grace period is for those in the latter group.

Re: SWTOR Pre-Order Customers Get Two-Day Grace Period

Pretty much, looking at SWTOR's forums, the people complaining are people who pre-ordered a week ago expecting the same early time as people who preordered months ago and can't understand what "up to 5 days" means.

Poll