Sony Apologizes for Vita Issues, Releases Firmware Update

December 20, 2011 -

Sony is apologizing this week to Japanese consumers who have bought its new PlayStation Vita hand-held, after some found that their systems were having a host of serious technical problems.

The issues consumers experienced at launch included system freezes and touch screen problems. Some Vita owners reported not being able to boot up their hand-helds at all - even after a full battery charge. One owner posted pictures of the portable with what appeared to be screen "stains" or "spots" on its OLED display. You can see video showing some of the errors on your left.

Hopefully the new firmware update takes care of these problems. On the plus side, Sony won't have to face complaints about these issues when Vita launches in Europe and North America sometime in the first quarter of 2012.

Source: C&VG

Comments

Re: Sony Apologizes for Vita Issues, Releases Firmware Update

Isn't this pretty much the exact same thing that happened with the PSP when it launched? If I remember, the defective rate was pretty high, almost nearly as bad as the Red Ring of Death.

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm
Goth_SkunkRockstar is suing the BBC. http://ow.ly/NgzDm05/21/2015 - 8:00pm
Goth_SkunkWhy I don't take The Mary Sue seriously, and why you shouldn't either: http://ow.ly/Ngzkk05/21/2015 - 7:55pm