Sony Apologizes for Vita Issues, Releases Firmware Update

December 20, 2011 -

Sony is apologizing this week to Japanese consumers who have bought its new PlayStation Vita hand-held, after some found that their systems were having a host of serious technical problems.

The issues consumers experienced at launch included system freezes and touch screen problems. Some Vita owners reported not being able to boot up their hand-helds at all - even after a full battery charge. One owner posted pictures of the portable with what appeared to be screen "stains" or "spots" on its OLED display. You can see video showing some of the errors on your left.

Hopefully the new firmware update takes care of these problems. On the plus side, Sony won't have to face complaints about these issues when Vita launches in Europe and North America sometime in the first quarter of 2012.

Source: C&VG

Comments

Re: Sony Apologizes for Vita Issues, Releases Firmware Update

Isn't this pretty much the exact same thing that happened with the PSP when it launched? If I remember, the defective rate was pretty high, almost nearly as bad as the Red Ring of Death.

PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm